Windows 8 is the upcoming version of Microsoft Windows and is a wonderful operating system designed to be used on a wide variety of platforms like tablet PCs, netbooks, laptops, business desktops and servers. Microsoft has changed its traditional Windows user interface completely, and now it is best suited for the touchscreen interface. However, it includes the traditional keyboard, mouse and pen input too.
Windows 8 includes many new and high tech features but the hardware requirements are almost similar to those with Windows 7. Along with the other basic requisites, a multi touch screen is also required if you want to get the advantage of the touch input. A resolution of 1024×768 or more is a must to get the Metro application.
If you want to check out the early version of Microsoft 8, you can download the developer pre beta version. This version shows you the exact view of the current stage of the OS with Windows 8 and is available for free. The three packages available for download are 64-bit version with developer tools, 32-bit version – Only the OS, and 64-bit version – Only the OS.
In this article I am going to share the keyboard shortcuts for this new release of Microsoft. The new version of the operating system is lovely to work on and is also very comfortable and easy to understand. Some of these shortcuts may also discard the need of a mouse. Different shortcut keys allow you to perform different functions.
1. WIN+Spacebar: This command is used to change the keyboard layout and the language.
2. WIN+f: This command is used to search the files same in the earlier versions of windows.
3. Win+E: This shortcut takes you to the classic desktop from the touch interface. It also opens the explorer.
4. Win+C: This shortcut is used to bring up the time panel and takes out the charm start menu.
5. Win+Shift: This shortcut combination is used to move the split to the left.
6. WIN+Enter: This shortcut command is used to launch the narrator.
7. WIN+Z: If you want to see the application bar in a Metro style, you need to press these shortcut keys. The application bar appears at the bottom of the screen.
8. Win+R: This shortcut combination is used to run the panel.
9. WIN+Shift + (-): This short cut command is used to open the magnifier.
10. Win+ Shift + (.): This shortcut command is used to move the splint to the left.
11. Win+ (.): This command moves the splint to the right.
12. Win + I: This command is used to open settings charm.
13. Win+ K: This key command is used to open the connect charm.
14. Win+ H: This shortcut combination is used to open the share charm.
15. Win+ Q: This is used to open the search pane.
16. Win+PgUp: This shortcut key combination is used to move the titles to the left.
17. Win+PgDown: This shortcut key combination is used to move the titles to the right.
18. Win+ Y: This shortcut key combination is used to peek at the desktop temporarily.
19. Win+ O: If you want to lock device orientation.
Dona has been in fax industry for over a decade now, she loves blogging and doing infographics. She highly recommends metrofax online faxing to friends and family that are looking for online faxing solution. She can also be found on twitter, tweeting random stuff.Share This: