With Windows 7, Microsoft not only introduced a new operating system with better display features and other software updates but it improved the most important aspect of any operating system – security. The security features that Microsoft offers has been highly appreciated and recommended by many, and especially useful for beginners who aren’t very well informed about the security aspects of a computer.
Here are the best security features of Windows 7:
1) The Action Center: The action center helps the users to find out more about the security solutions, and informs them about the default security settings so they can take the necessary steps to keep their computer safe from threats. It makes sure that the firewall is on and the antivirus is up to date. It also makes sure that the computer installs the required updates automatically.
2) Protect your data from theft, hackers and accidental loss: Windows 7 has a special application called the BitLocker Drive Encryption. It encrypts your hard disk and helps to protect your important documents stored, and your passwords.
3) Defends your computers against viruses, spyware and other malware: Microsoft Security Essentials is another important feature in Windows 7 security. It protects your computer from viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, and other malware that even we are unaware of. Every detail about it is also included in the security manual of Windows 7.
4) Reduces the risk by enhancing security and control: In the earlier Windows versions, it was a headache to run your computer as a different user other than the administrator. Windows 7 removes this difficulty and the complications associated with it, and allow us to use the computer as standard users without much hassle. It also provides the feature of warning you if a certain program tries to make any changes to any of your system programs just as the earlier version of Windows did, but the difference now is it does this without excessive message pop ups unlike other Windows versions. This makes your experience all the better.
5) Parental Controls: Windows 7 has better improved parental controls compared to Vista. There are a few examples of what parental control does, like controlling the games your children play! You can also control the running of specific programs by your children. Another amazing use of it is you can even control the time limits with which your children can use the computer. With the new parental controls, you can also block access to any objectionable movies or shows.
Windows 7 has clearly improved on the security features of the regular Windows so users don’t need to worry too much about security like before. Therefore, users can now leave most of the security aspects in the hands of the operating system, while they use their computers the way they should be.Share This: